Niagara Catholic District School Board is a progressive and dynamic Board that offers exemplary Catholic education to 22,000 elementary, secondary and continuing education students throughout the twelve municipalities that encompass the Niagara Region.
The Niagara Catholic District School Board invites applications for the position of Controller of Facilities Services. As a member of Senior Administrative Council, the Controller of Facilities Services provides active leadership within the system portfolio. The Controller of Facilities Services will be responsible for providing overall leadership to the Facilities Services team including accommodation planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, renewal and protection of Board facilities and sites, project management services, utility conservation, community use of Board facilities, including child care and ensuring safe, clean, comfortable and accommodating learning environments for Niagara Catholic students and staff. The position of Controller of Facilities Services will report to the Director of Education.
Background and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture and/or Engineering, with a minimum of five years related experience. A Professional Designation is considered an advantage.
• Demonstrated program and project management experience related to the delivery of educational/institutional facility projects is an advantage.
• Demonstrated understanding of the design, tendering and construction processes.
• Demonstrated experience with research, report writing, analysis, supervision of staff and the use of collaborative leadership models. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative leadership team.
• Demonstrated ability to lead staff, collaborate with partners in Catholic education and community members.
• Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication and team building skills that include presentation, negotiation skills and the use of a variety of software applications.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable vehicle is required.
Candidates interested in applying for the position of Controller of Facilities Services are required to provide:
• A complete Curriculum Vitae providing evidence of the qualifications required
• A current written professional reference from the applicant’s immediate supervisor*
• A current written professional reference from an applicant’s colleague*
• The names addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) additional references from the applicant’s current or previous work environment*
• A copy of a recent Criminal Background Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening); and,
• A valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and be able to travel as required to discharge one’s duty as the Controller of Facilities Services
* Include written permission to contact references.
Applications (marked Personal and Confidential) will be received until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 15th, 2020 to:
John Crocco, Director of Education
Niagara Catholic District School Board,
427 Rice Road, Welland, ON. L3C 7C1
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information about applicants is collected under the authority of Section 171 (10 (3) of the Education Act RSO 1990 and will be used to assess the suitability of applicants for employment with Niagara Catholic District School Board. Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, if any candidate requires accommodations at any time throughout the process please contact Jennifer Pellegrini at email@example.com