Organization and Job Term:
Ontario Institute for Education Leadership (IEL)
Maximum of 45 days for Coordination per year -
Salary: Per diem rate $500.00 One-year contract with an option for renewal for two additional one-year terms
The IEL is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to engage qualified staff who reflect diversity.
As a bilingual contract position (French and English), the IEL Coordinator will work with the IEL Chair and the IEL Sub-Committee Chairs to ensure the delivery of programs and initiatives. The IEL Coordinator will attend the Steering Committee meetings and report on all communication activities.
The IEL is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allows for engagement of qualified staff who reflect diversity. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Coordinator will:
- Ensure a smooth transition to incoming IEL Chair
- Ensure a smooth transition to incoming IEL Steering Committee members
- Establish and prepare monthly IEL Steering Committee agenda items in consultation with the IEL Chair and members of the IEL
- Prepare the agenda for the IEL Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure distribution of agenda and minutes before the IEL Steering Committee meetings and follow-up with committee members as required
- Facilitate meetings, develop and share meeting minutes of the IEL Steering Committee meetings
- Execute IEL tasks and decisions, as noted in the IEL meeting minutes or at the direction of the Chair
- Maintain archives and files as deemed appropriate
- Review and respond to all correspondence received through the IEL website
- Notify the Chair of all pending activities or initiatives involving the IEL
- Attend meetings involving the IEL as requested by the Chair
- Establish and maintain effective and ongoing linkages with Ministry of Education officials and all other relevant provincial associations as appropriate
- Brief the IEL Chair with information on current issues and/or requests and recommend a response, as appropriate
- Draft major communication, reports (e.g., Annual Report, Business Plan, Reports to the Ministry) etc., for the Chair of the IEL
- Manage the flow of work on a regular basis and throughout the year
The Coordinator shall determine the priority of work to be completed and shall have control over the daily work schedule.
How do I qualify?
Education, knowledge and experience: You have:
- Qualifications and experience as a principal or supervisory officer;
- Expert current knowledge of policies, programs and initiatives related to leadership roles and supports in Ontario;
- Experience working with school districts and professional organizations representing the four Ontario education sectors;
- Thorough knowledge of the Ontario Institute for Education Leadership as well as Ontario’s educational systems and education programs;
- Expert knowledge of provincial education and social trends related to public policy directions, the educational environment and decision-making structures;
- Experience leading through an anti-oppressive and anti-racist
Knowledge of policy development and service-delivery program development:
- You have sound knowledge of policy development processes and service- delivery program development and monitoring.
Work-planning, organizational, coordination and project management skills: You have:
- Strong work-planning, organizing and coordination skills;
- Project management, team leadership and administration abilities with consistent capacity to produce high quality results on time.
Communication skills: You have:
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in both of Official Languages (French and English), including listening, conducting consultations, reporting and presenting;
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management, interpersonal and senior-level presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products
- Proficiency with Zoom meetings and webinars
- Thorough knowledge of education leadership including leading for human rights, equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of website management
Qualified candidates must submit an application package that includes:
- A cover letter
- A current resume including relevant leadership experience
- A one-page description of the expected impact you will have as the IEL Coordinator
- Two most current professional letters of recommendation from immediate supervisors
- Names and contact information of three (3) professional references
Completed application packages must be received no later than 12 p.m. on June 9th, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please address the subject line in your email “IEL Coordinator Application”.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Virtual interviews will be conducted during the week of June 26th.
Visit IEL website for the French version https://www.education-leadership-ontario.ca/en/about/job-postings