Education Officer | Technology Enabled Learning Ontario
Job Term: Three Year Secondment
Location: Toronto Region – 315 Front Street, 13th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M7A 0B8
Compensation Group: Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario (AMAPCEO)
Salary: $74,136 – $127,985 per year
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Posting Date: May 28, 2021
Closing Date: June 14, 2021
Are you a high-performing educator with excellent technology enabled learning and teaching knowledge and experience? The Ministry of Education’s Curriculum, Assessment and Student Success Policy Branch, Technology Enabled Learning Ontario (TELO) unit, is looking for an education professional to support ministry online learning initiatives and provide support to the education sector.
How do I qualify?
Education Sector Knowledge and Experience
• You have excellent technical knowledge of Ontario’s Virtual Learning Environment and are an advanced user.
• You understand the effective use of technology in pedagogical practice and how to support educator professional learning.
• You have strong understanding of online learning and remote learning both conceptually and at school board program level.
• You have demonstrated ability to develop and deliver capacity building and professional learning to a range of education sector professionals.
• You have strong understanding of Ontario’s education sector including school board approaches to online and remote learning.
• You have knowledge of government curriculum policy, strategic priorities and stakeholder engagement.
• You have sound knowledge of the Ontario education system.
Policy and Program Development, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You have experience leading program development and delivery applying policy
development principles and techniques.
• You can think strategically, analyze complex issues and develop policy options.
• You can use your research and use your analytical skills to contribute to the development
and use of evidence in designing and assessing initiatives.
Communication, Relationship Management and Consultation Skills
• You have experience in developing and managing relationships with educators, schools and
board leaders, stakeholders and others.
• You can lead virtually a variety of forums with stakeholders (webinars, teleconferences, etc.)
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills and can prepare presentations and
briefing materials in a variety of formats.
Project Management Skills
• You have project management to lead projects, design and implement work plans and
manage all phases of work.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Opportunities to contribute may include:
• Supporting school board implementation of Ontario’s Virtual Learning Environment by providing virtual assistance and guidance to Technology Enabled Learning and Teaching Contacts (TELT Contacts), IT personnel, virtual school principals and other school board professionals engaged in online learning.
• Collaborating with other ministry Education Officers in developing and delivering a program of provincial and regional professional development and training.
• Contributing to provincial-level professional development for teachers.
• Developing strong and effective partnerships with the sector, partners and stakeholders to promote the advancement of online learning.
• Supporting other sector users in the VLE (Faculties of Education, Provincial Schools, School Authorities, First Nations communities, etc.)
• Developing analysis and advice to support ministry strategic policy development and implementation
Address: This secondee position will work remotely exclusively. For the purposes of Human Resources, the position location will be 315 Front St W, Toronto, Toronto Region.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to Cathy Blacklock at Cathy.Blacklock@ontario.ca by the closing date.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Cathy Blacklock at Cathy.Blacklock@ontario.ca
The deadline to apply is June 14, 2021 at 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.