Superintendent of Education
Commencing August 1, 2021, and reporting to the Director of Education, the Superintendents of Education who are appointed will be integral members of the Senior Leadership Team and will be responsible for the supervision of academic programs and staff in families of schools as well as system portfolios.
As Superintendents of Education, you will share responsibility for supporting the board’s mission of serving our students through excellence in Catholic Education. You will provide exceptional leadership in service to all students through implementation of the Board’s Multi-Year Strategic Plan and Board Improvement Plan for student achievement. You have demonstrated strong commitment to Catholic faith and to the mission and ministry of Catholic education and have a proven track record in leading a learning agenda focused on student engagement and well-being, improved student learning, and student achievement. You will work to enhance community partnerships with the home, school, parish and community.
The successful candidates shall possess, at the time of the application:
• Ontario Supervisory Officer Certification, as specified by the Ministry of Education, completed or in progress
• Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Registration
• A Master’s Degree
• Religious Education Part 1 and 2, or equivalent
• Outstanding instructional and servant leadership in a Catholic School District with several years’ experience as an administrator demonstrating an unwavering belief that all students can succeed
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to foster positive working relationships with staff and parents
• Demonstrated exemplary leadership practices and have the necessary cognitive, social and psychological resources expressed in the Catholic Leadership Framework
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team engaged in innovative and system thinking
• In accordance with the Contract of Employment and the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Superintendents
All appointments will be in accordance with Board Policy, Selection and Appointment of Superintendent and Acting Superintendent.
Qualified applicants must provide a Resume of Qualifications and Experience, a Covering Letter, a Faith Reference Portfolio for Aspiring Leaders located on the Board website and the names and addresses of two referees, one of whom is your immediate supervisor. Applications must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. Monday, June 14, 2021, to: Jim Vair, Superintendent of Human Resources and General Counsel, London District Catholic School Board, 5200 Wellington Road South, London, Ontario N6A 4X5 via: email@example.com . For candidates selected for an interview, the interview date will be on June 22 or 23, 2021.
The London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 22,000 students at 43 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.