The Wellington Catholic District School Board provides quality Catholic education to approximately 8,500 students in 23 schools within the City of Guelph and County of Wellington. The area is one of rich cultural diversity, economic strength and a remarkable sense of community. Our school board is host to, and celebrates, diverse cultures and is comprised of dedicated staff committed to supporting high quality Catholic education in our district. The Board is currently seeking a Superintendent of Education to join our senior management team.
Reporting to the Director of Education, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for a variety of Kindergarten – Grade 12 portfolios and Family of Schools responsibilities and will be an integral part of the senior administrative team.
As a member of this team, the Superintendent of Education will:
• Provide exceptional leadership in service to all students and schools through the implementation of an inclusive program and the Board’s mission, vision, values, and strategic directions.
• Build strong instructional leadership capacity and inspire staff and lead Principals to support and enhance excellence in education and faith formation.
• Lead all aspects of assigned portfolios, the supervision of staff and corresponding budgets.
• Supervise schools within a Family of Schools model.
• Provide program analysis and development through the effective use of data, research skills and project management.
• Work successfully with principals, teachers, support staff, parents, students, and community partners in an environment of trust and respect.
The successful candidate must possess:
• Outstanding collaborative leadership skills demonstrated in a Catholic school district.
• Demonstrated expertise in instructional leadership, equity, student success, and special education.
• An understanding of the academic, corporate and operational functions of the work of a Catholic school board.
• Superior interpersonal skills, exhibiting confidentiality, diplomacy, negotiation, conflict resolution, and issue-based problem-solving techniques.
• The ability to enhance partnerships with the home, school, parish and community.
• Supervisory Officer Qualifications, as specified by the Ministry of Education and Ontario College of Teachers, or be currently enrolled in the Supervisory Officer Qualifications Program.
• Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualifications.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong work ethic and exemplary personal leadership resources.
• Minimum five years of experience as an administrator.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and be able to travel.
Candidates who wish to be considered for this position must submit:
• Covering letter.
• A brief (one page) statement of your philosophy of Catholic Education.
• Detailed curriculum vitae.
• A recent pastoral reference or completion of the Diocese of Hamilton pastoral reference process.
• Two professional references, including written authorization to contact references under the terms of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Written applications will be received until Monday, January 30, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. and addressed to:
Michael Glazier, Director of Education
Wellington Catholic District School Board
75 Woolwich Street
Guelph, Ontario N1H 6N6
Interviews will be hosted Monday, February 6, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a current original Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening, prior to commencement of employment. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes. Inquiries regarding the collection of information can be made to the Superintendent of Human Resources at the WCDSB Board Office.
The board has policies for accommodating employees with disabilities, if you require further information regarding this policy, please contact the Superintendent of Human Resources at the WCDSB Board Office.