Superintendent of Schools and Student Success
Ottawa Catholic School Board Superintendents are system leaders responsible for providing Catholic faith-filled leadership to support schools, departments, system-wide initiatives and the community. Contributing as one of the members of the senior executive leadership team, the successful candidate will provide exceptional leadership in supporting the Board’s Strategic Commitments and Board Improvement Plan as well as cultivate and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture throughout the School Board.
Successful candidates will be placed in an eligibility pool. Candidates will be considered for any superintendent vacancies that occur during a three year academic cycle beginning with the first year that they are placed in the eligibility pool. Any candidate not placed within this period of time will have to reapply to be considered for future positions.
The position will require the successful candidate to:
● Lead all aspects of an assigned portfolio which include ongoing supervision of staff and the development, implementation, and monitoring of system goals
● Provide instructional leadership to families of schools including overseeing the implementation of school improvement plans and the Board’s deep learning frameworks
● Represent the Board with community agencies, partners, and with the Ministry of Education
● Respond to and resolve confidential issues on behalf of the Board using positive resolution skills
● Manage system budget(s) and ensure fiscal accountability
● Prepare and present reports to the Board of Trustees and lead various system level committees
● Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a commitment to the use of digital technology
● Model a comprehensive understanding and approach to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion
Applicants must submit an electronic Leadership Portfolio that includes:
● A covering letter that speaks to the applicant’s philosophy of leadership with reference to the Ontario Catholic System Level Leadership Framework and demonstrated success as a school Principal (not to exceed 2 pages)
● A Curriculum Vitae
● Proof of completion of the Ontario Academic Supervisory Officer Qualifications (or completion within one year of the appointment)
● The applicant’s most recent performance appraisal
● A Pastoral letter to demonstrate participation in a Catholic Parish (within last two years)
● Maximum three professional letters of reference
● (External applicants must include a letter of reference from their direct supervisor as one of their three letters of reference)
● A current copy of the applicant’s Ontario certificate of qualifications (OCT)
The OCSB adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices and is committed to an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our students. We recognize that diversity is a source of organizational strength and we encourage applications from all diverse groups.
Kindly submit your application electronically to: Director@ocsb.ca. Submissions accepted until 4:00 p.m. on April 16, 2021.
All applications will be acknowledged by email; however, not all applicants will necessarily be interviewed.
Interviews: We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email including the interview date/time, location and process details. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Ottawa Catholic School Board acknowledges that the land on which our schools are located is the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinabek Peoples. We extend our respect to all First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples for their valuable past and present contributions to this land.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, (AODA), if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com.