Niagara Catholic District School Board is a progressive and dynamic Board that offers exemplary Catholic education to 22,000 elementary, secondary and continuing education students throughout the twelve municipalities that encompass the Niagara Region.
The Niagara Catholic District School Board invites applications for the position of Controller of Facilities Services. As a member of Senior Administrative Council, the Controller of Facilities Services provides active leadership within the system portfolio. The Controller of Facilities Services will be responsible for providing overall leadership to the Facilities Services team including accommodation planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, renewal and protection of Board facilities and sites, project management services, utility conservation, community use of Board facilities, including child care and ensuring safe, clean, comfortable and accommodating learning environments for Niagara Catholic students and staff. The position of Controller of Facilities Services will report to the Director of Education.
Background and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture and/or Engineering, with a minimum of five years related experience. A Professional Designation is considered an advantage.
• Demonstrated program and project management experience related to the delivery of educational/institutional facility projects is an advantage.
• Demonstrated understanding of the design, tendering and construction processes.
• Demonstrated experience with research, report writing, analysis, supervision of staff and the use of collaborative leadership models. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative leadership team.
• Demonstrated ability to lead staff, collaborate with partners in Catholic education and community members.
• Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication and team building skills that include presentation, negotiation skills and the use of a variety of software applications.
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License and reliable vehicle is required.
Candidates interested in applying for the position of Controller of Facilities Services are required to provide:
• A complete Curriculum Vitae providing evidence of the qualifications required
• A current written professional reference from the applicant's immediate supervisor*
• A current written professional reference from an applicant's colleague*
• The names addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) additional references from the applicant's current or previous work environment*
• A copy of a recent Criminal Background Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening); and,
• A valid driver's license, access to a vehicle and be able to travel as required to discharge one's duty as the Controller of Facilities Services
* Include written permission to contact references.
Applications (marked Personal and Confidential) will be received until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 15th, 2020 to:
John Crocco, Director of Education
Niagara Catholic District School Board,
427 Rice Road, Welland, ON. L3C 7C1
or by email to email@example.com
Personal information about applicants is collected under the authority of Section 171 (10 (3) of the Education Act RSO 1990 and will be used to assess the suitability of applicants for employment with Niagara Catholic District School Board. Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, if any candidate requires accommodations at any time throughout the process please contact Jennifer Pellegrini at firstname.lastname@example.org
L’Association des conseils scolaires des écoles publiques de l’Ontario (ACÉPO) représente tous les conseils scolaires publics de langue française de la province. Son mandat consiste à aider ses membres à assurer le développement durable et la vitalité du système d’éducation laïque de langue française de l’Ontario.
Le mandat consiste à appuyer la direction de l’ACEPO dans sa démarche visant l’embauche d’un directeur des relations de travail
Sommaire du poste
La Direction des relations de travail relève de la Direction générale de l’ACÉPO. Elle évalue les enjeux politiques provinciaux touchant l’éducation, notamment ceux des conseils scolaires francophones publiques et propose à l’Association une stratégie globale responsable de gestion de l’ensemble des activités et stratégies de relations de travail touchant les conventions collectives centrales des conseils scolaires publics de langue française de l’Ontario.
La direction des relations de travail dirige le processus de négociation collective, coordonne la prestation des services centralisés, appuie la réalisation des objectifs stratégiques et opérationnels de l’ACÉPO, établie des liens clairs et permanents avec les membres, les associations patronales dans le secteur de l’éducation, la Couronne et les syndicats ainsi que de toute autre tâches et responsabilités confiées par l’ACÉPO par l’entremise de la direction générale.
Expérience et qualifications requises
• Diplôme universitaire en éducation, en administration des affaires, en ressources humaines/relations de travail ou en droit;
• Une maîtrise sera considérée comme un atout;
• Accréditation auprès d’une association professionnelle (CHRP, CRHA) ou en droit, sera considérée comme un atout;
• Minimum de 7 années d’expérience en administration des affaires, dont au moins trois ans en qualité de gestionnaire, de préférence dans le domaine de l’éducation ou au sein d’un organisme redevable à un conseil d’administration;
• Au moins trois ans d’expérience dans des activités de négociations collectives et le traitement de griefs;
• Une combinaison de diplômes et d’expériences pourra être considérée;
• Excellente connaissance de la théorie et des principes de relations de travail, de gestion des ressources humaines et de rémunération du personnel;
• Avoir une excellente connaissance du français et de l’anglais oral et écrit; et,
• Être en mesure de se déplacer à travers la province.
La personne recrutée devra s’engager à suivre aux frais de l’association un programme de gestion des conseils scolaires. Le salaire variera selon les échelles gouvernementales entre 150,000$ et 175,000$ et l’entrée en poste souhaités est le plus tôt possible. Le futur titulaire du poste accompagnera la titulaire actuelle jusqu’à son départ en juin 2020.
More information is available by contacting Pierre Leduc at email@example.com
The Limestone District School Board is seeking a proven visionary leader and outstanding educator with a well-defined philosophy of education and service delivery to provide strategic direction and leadership to a highly collaborative senior team and a professional and caring staff who are committed to the success of every student and every employee.
Reporting to a dedicated Board of Trustees, you will support them in their drive to achieve the aspirations as set out in the Board’s 2017-2022 Multi-Year Strategic Plan, with a continued focus on the Pillars of Wellness, Innovation and Collaboration.
As the Director of Education, you will provide strategic leadership to a highly collaborative senior team and a professional and caring staff who are committed to student achievement and well-being. Focusing on equity and inclusion, you will champion continuous improvement efforts across the system, partnering with community stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality of educational programming is delivered to all students in the district.
Situated in historic Kingston, on the shores of scenic Lake Ontario, the Limestone District School Board serves more than 19,000 students in 55 schools and 5 alternative education centres, covering a geographic area of 7,719 square kilometres across the City of Kingston, the Townships of Central Frontenac, North Frontenac, South Frontenac, Addington Highlands, Loyalist, Stone Mills, the Frontenac Islands and the Town of Greater Napanee.
Candidates will possess an Ontario Supervisory Officers’ Certificate or be eligible to become qualified, along with progressive senior leadership experience in several portfolios within a publicly funded school board. The Board is seeking a candidate with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, along with the ability to provide inspiring, collaborative, and innovative leadership to the Limestone district.
If this vital and dynamic opportunity aligns with your vision and values, and you can see yourself in Limestone, please forward your resume and covering letter, along with the names of four preliminary references (who will not be contacted without consent), to the executive search consultants listed below prior to May 28, 2020. Confidentiality is assured and the review of applications will commence immediately.
Recognizing the significant impact that COVID-19 is having on our world and our ways of doing business, the Board recognizes that the recruitment/selection process may need to be modified to ensure individual and community safety.
A detailed Candidate Profile will be distributed to interested candidates upon request. For additional information, or to discuss your interest in the position please contact either:
Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.
The Council of Public Schools of Eastern Ontario/Le Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario (CEPEO) is looking for a director of education who, through their leadership, vision and human values, will help maintain the momentum of growth and innovation that characterizes the Board.
Please find all the information about the position by clicking on the following link:
The CEPEO invites anyone wishing to submit their application to send their curriculum vitae by e-mail, accompanied by a cover letter to the attention of MM. Claude Martel and Pierre Leduc, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wellington Catholic District School Board serves approximately 8,100 students located in the City of Guelph and Wellington County - which encompasses the communities of Fergus, Elora, Erin, Mount Forest, Arthur, and Rockwood. The Board has 18 elementary schools and 4 secondary schools, and an annual operating budget of approximately $105 million. The Catholic Education Centre is located in Guelph, Ontario.
The Board is seeking an accomplished, proactive, and energetic Catholic educator as its Director of Education and Secretary. The Director of Education will respect the lengthy tradition and history of Catholic education within the Guelph/Wellington area and will appreciate the Board’s unique, “small-but-mighty” and “family-like” culture. The Director of Education will maintain the many successful partnerships currently in place and will establish new relationships within the community.
Reporting through the Chair to the Board of Trustees, the Director will be a practicing Catholic, an active member of Parish life, and have a passion for, and a proven commitment to, the mission and ministry of Catholic education. The Wellington Catholic District School Board has recently approved a new strategic plan entitled “Faith Forward Strategic Plan 2020-2025”. This Plan is based on three areas of focus, namely: Student Success, Staff Success, and Successful Systems of Support. The Director of Education will guide the system in the implementation of this plan, while establishing priorities consistent with the Plan.
Candidates for the role will be in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers and hold Ontario Supervisory Officer’s qualifications (as per Ontario Reg. 309). For further information regarding the specific background, skills and experience sought for this important leadership position, please refer to the detailed Background Information and Candidate Profile. Requests for further information on the position, or to obtain a copy of the detailed Candidate Profile, may be directed to Kevin Kobus c/o email@example.com or by phone at (416) 571-1587.
Prospective candidates are asked to submit:
1. a detailed cover letter and resumé;
2. a one-page statement of your personal philosophy of Catholic Education;
3. a list of four references (who will not be contacted without prior consent); and
4. a written pastoral reference letter, quoting Project #WCDSB2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2020.
Given the significant impact of COVID-19, the planned recruitment/selection process and timelines for the search may be modified to ensure individual and community safety. All applications and inquiries will be treated as confidential.