The Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Ontario (ACBO), an association of Catholic bishops in the service of Catholics, invites applications from interested candidates possessing the qualifications and broad-based experience as outlined hereunder.
Position: General Secretary
Location: 90 Eglinton Ave East, Suite 810, Toronto, ON M4P2Y3
1. Type of Contractual Relationship and Service:
The successful candidate will be contracted on a full-time basis, effective August 1st, 2020 with a three-year renewable agreement as an independent contractor, to provide services related to the overall functioning of the ACBO’s Secretariat.
2. General Experience, Knowledge and Attributes for the Position of General Secretary
The following experience, knowledge and attributes will be considered as definite assets:
• Personal involvement with the Church at the parish and / or diocesan level
• Knowledge of and commitment to Catholic Doctrine
• Sound knowledge of the Catholic educational system in Ontario
• Experience in management and administration, including familiarity with business practices in such areas as insurance and benefits
• Experience in developing and controlling an annual budget
• Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing on a variety of topics and to disparate audiences
• Experience in media and government relations
• Proficiency in or at least a working knowledge of French
• Experience in working collaboratively with multi-religious groups
• Computer literacy skills
• Relevant post-secondary qualifications
• Excellent organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills
3. Related Requirements
• Positive letter of pastoral reference
• Two professional references
• A Criminal Background Check to be submitted by the successful candidate as part of the terms and conditions of employment
4. Terms and Conditions of Contractual Service Agreement and Compensation to be Negotiated
Interested candidates are invited to submit their letter of application, resume, and required references by Monday, December 16th, 2019 to:
Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Ontario
90 Eglinton Ave East, Suite 810, Toronto, ON M4P2Y3
As Vancouver College approaches its next century of providing faith-based, inspirational education for young men, an exciting opportunity exists for a new Principal to advance the process of continuous improvement, pedagogical transformation, and campus renewal.
The Principal of Vancouver College is the educational leader of the school and its Chief Operating Officer.
Appointed by the President of Vancouver College with the approval of the Board of Directors, the Principal reports to the President. Together, they are responsible for preserving and promoting the Catholic identity of the school, the charism of Blessed Edmund Rice, and the philosophy and educational mission as outlined in the Essential Elements of an Edmund Rice Christian Brother Education at Vancouver College.
Please visit the Vancouver College website (https://www.vc.bc.ca/about/careeropportunities/principal) to view the full job description and further details.
Submit applications with supporting documents (Cover Letter of Intent, Curriculum Vitae, Teacher Certification, Pastoral Reference) to Mr. Johnny Bevacqua, President-elect, c/o email@example.com by January 6, 2020.
Employment Start Date:
August 15, 2020
Superintendent of Education
The Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board invites applications for the position of Superintendent of Education.
The successful applicant will have:
• demonstrated commitment to the ideals of Catholic Schools;
• superior communication and interpersonal skills;
• demonstrated special education leadership;
• a track record for innovation and change management;
• demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to foster positive working relationships with staff and parents;
• demonstrated involvement within a parish community.
Reporting to the Director of Education and as a member of the senior administration team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• the supervision of a family of schools, principals; and
• other functions related to system level portfolios.
• Supervisory Officer’s Certificate from the Ontario Ministry of Education (or ability to complete qualifications in accordance with the Education Act).
• Member in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
• Experience as a school principal is an asset.
• Religious Education Specialist certificate or an academic background in Religious Education is an asset.
• Special Education Specialist or background in special education is an asset
The Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board provides a Christ-centred education to approximately 10,000 students. We employ over 700 teachers who are supported by a team of consultants, principals, and administrators. Over 300 non-academic staff ensures that the best possible facilities, supports and resources are available to teachers, students, and to the system. The Board encompasses the broad geographical area of the City of Brantford and the counties of Brant, Haldimand, and Norfolk. We are located approximately one hour west of Toronto, one hour east of London and one hour south of Kitchener-Waterloo.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dedicated and dynamic staff. Candidates are invited to submit an application package that must include a cover letter, detailed résumé, proof of qualifications, a current pastoral reference, and names and contact information of three (3) professional references, one of which must be your current Director of Education. Written authorization to contact all references must be included with the application.
Applications, along with your resume and other supporting documents must be submitted through Apply to Education – www.applytoeducation.com by Sunday, November 24, 2019, at 11:00 PM.
Job Category: Teachers, Principals & Superintendents
Job Code: 2780049
If you require accommodation for reasons of disability in the application or interview process, please inform our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-756-6505. The application package is available in accessible formats upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.