The Grand Erie District School Board is seeking an outstanding educator and leader to become its new Director of Education, in the summer of 2020.
The new Director of Education will support the Board of Trustees in charting the future of education in the district with the development of a new Multi-Year Strategic Plan. The Director will champion continuous improvement with a lens on innovation and excellence, while sustaining a culture of high expectations for all students and staff. The selected candidate must therefore have a strong track record of improving student, staff and system performance with a focus on equity and inclusion.
Grand Erie District School Board, located in the southern portion of the province of Ontario. The district has a student enrolment of 25,832 students, including 480 on Education Services Agreements. The district has 58 elementary schools and 14 secondary schools, in rural and urban settings, with 2,735 staff.
Working with a collaborative board of 11 student focused trustees, the Director of Education will provide strategic leadership to a dedicated team of Supervisory Officers and staff, and serve as the chief education officer and secretary of the board. With its excellent reputation as a collegial Board with strong school and community relationships, the Director will continue to build upon existing partnerships to create unique learning experiences for Grand Erie students, and staff.
Candidates will possess an Ontario Supervisory Officers’ Certificate, along with progressive senior leadership experience within a publicly funded school board. The Board is seeking a candidate with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, along with the ability to provide visionary, inspiring, collaborative and innovative leadership to the Grand Erie learning community.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please forward your resume and covering letter, along with the names of four preliminary references (who will not be contacted without consent) to the executive search consultants listed below prior to April 14, 2020.
Recognizing the significant impact that COVID-19 is having on our world and our ways of doing business, the Board recognizes that the recruitment/selection process may need to be modified to ensure individual and community safety.
A detailed Candidate Profile will be distributed to interested candidates upon request. For additional information, or to discuss your interest in the position please contact either:
Laura Elliott at 226-448-6346 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Wayne Joudrie at 905-320-0142 or email@example.com
The Catholic Education Foundation of Ontario invites applications for the position of part-time Executive Director.
The successful applicant will have:
• demonstrated commitment to the ideals of Catholic Schools;
• superior communication and interpersonal skills;
• demonstrated organizational skills;
• a track record for innovation and change management;
• demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to foster positive working relationships with educational partners;
• demonstrated involvement within a parish community.
Reporting to the Board of Directors the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• liaising with our board members, affiliates and partner organizations
• administration of school and student awards program
• organizing the annual Fr. Fogarty Dinner
• organizing the annual public lecture
• administration of office
• other tasks as they arise
• Experience as a Catholic school administrator is an asset.
• Religious Education Specialist certificate or an academic background in Religious Education is an asset.
A limited stipend is offered to the successful candidate.
The Catholic Education Foundation of Ontario was incorporated in 1976 to foster and promote the principles of Catholic education. It undertook its mission to encourage the establishment of Catholic schools. In the current discussions about the place of values in our society and in education, there is a need for the Catholic community to know, support and celebrate the fine work done in our schools.
Candidates are invited to submit an application package that must include a cover letter, detailed résumé, proof of qualifications, a current pastoral reference, and names and contact information of two (2) professional references.
Applications, along with your resume and other supporting documents, must be submitted to:
President of Board
Catholic Education Foundation of Ontario
80 Sheppard Avenue East
Deadline for applications: March 27, 2020
The Durham Catholic District School Board invites applications for future positions of Superintendent of Education.
The Durham Catholic District School Board encompasses the area from Pickering to Oshawa and extends north to Beaverton. Governed by eight publicly elected Catholic trustees, the Board is renowned for providing a faith-centered and inclusive Catholic education to over 21000 students in 38 elementary schools and 7 secondary schools. Durham Catholic District School Board also provides comprehensive continuing and alternative education programs through Archbishop Anthony Meagher Catholic Continuing Education Centres and Father Don MacLellan Catholic Secondary School.
Striving to celebrate and nurture the God-given talents of each student as we serve with excellence in the light of Christ, the Board is seeking exemplary and innovative Catholic educators interested to join their Senior Administrative Team in the position of Superintendent of Education.
As a member of the Board’s Senior Administrative Team, reporting to the Director of Education, the successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Senior Administrative Team to provide system level direction and oversee the operations of the Board with a view to full attainment of the goals of the Board’s strategic plan.
The position will require successful candidates to:
• Possess and model a strong commitment to Catholic Education
• Have a demonstrated track record of positive and effective faith-based instructional leadership for improved student well-being, faith formation and achievement
• Work in collaboration with the Senior Administrative Team in implementing Discovery 2023 Renewing the Vision and developing and executing future Multi-Year Strategic Plans
• Work successfully with principals, educators, support staff, community partners, families and students in an environment of trust
• Successfully promote and lead innovation and change management
• Participate as a member of the leadership team in labour and employee relations
• Manage system budgets with due diligence to ensure fiscal accountability
• Have good working knowledge of the Education Act, education related legislation/regulations/PPM and current best practices in the field of education administration
• Have a capacity and desire for personal growth and professional development.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Supervisory Officer Qualifications as specified by the Ministry of Education (completed or in progress)
• Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
• Religious Education Additional Qualifications Program - Specialist
• Superior interpersonal skills, exhibiting confidentiality, diplomacy, compassion, conflict resolution skills and issue-based problem-solving techniques
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation and computer skills
• Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic and initiative
• Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be able to travel.
Method of Application:
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position must submit the following:
• Cover Letter
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
• A brief (one page) statement of your Philosophy of Catholic Education
• A copy of the Ontario Supervisory Officers certificate (or proof of enrolment)
• Three (3) professional references and the authorization/consent to contact them
• Pastoral Reference for a Leadership position (available at www.dcdsb.ca under Career Opportunities).
Written applications will be received by electronic mail, not later than Monday, March 30, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. in strict confidence to:
Tracy Barill, Director of Education
Durham Catholic District School Board
650 Rossland Road West
Oshawa, ON L1J 7C4
Please note that a condition of employment is the completion of a criminal background check with vulnerable sector, satisfactory to the Board.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005 (AODA), if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact Marie Losier at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | www.dcdsb.ca