The Wellington Catholic District School Board provides quality Catholic education to 8,000 students in 22 schools within the City of Guelph and County of Wellington. The area is one of rich cultural diversity, economic strength and a remarkable sense of community.
Reporting to the Director of Education, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for Program from JK – Grade 12 and will be an integral part of the senior administrative team.
As a member of this team, the Superintendent of Education will:
• Provide exceptional leadership in service to all students and schools through the implementation of an inclusive program and the Board’s mission, vision, values and strategic directions.
• Build strong instructional leadership capacity and inspire staff and lead Principals to support and enhance excellence in education and faith formation.
• Lead all aspects of an assigned portfolio, the supervision of staff and corresponding budgets.
• Supervise schools within a Family of Schools model.
• Provide program analysis and development through the effective use of data, research skills and project management.
The successful candidate must possess:
• Outstanding collaborative leadership skills demonstrated in a Catholic School District.
• Demonstrated expertise in instructional leadership and special education.
• An understanding of the academic, corporate and operational functions of the work of a Catholic School Board.
• The ability to enhance partnerships with the home, school, parish and community.
• Supervisory Officer Qualifications, as specified by the Ministry of Education and Ontario College of Teachers, or be currently enrolled in the Supervisory Officer Qualifications Program.
• Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualifications.
• Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Exemplary personal leadership resources.
• Minimum five years of experience as an administrator.
Candidates who wish to be considered for this position must submit:
• Covering letter.
• A brief (one page) statement of your philosophy of Catholic Education.
• Detailed curriculum vitae.
• A recent pastoral reference.
• Two professional references, including written authorization to contact references under the terms of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Written applications will be received until Monday, July 15, 2019 at noon and addressed to:
Tamara Nugent, Director of Education
Wellington Catholic District School Board
75 Woolwich Street
Guelph, Ontario N1H 6N6
Interviews will be hosted July 16, 17 & 18, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board (ALCDSB) is located in eastern Ontario and includes several picturesque communities on or near Lake Ontario, as well as prime rural and Cottage areas extending to the southern tip of Algonquin Park. Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board serves approximately 11,600 students in 32 elementary schools, 5 secondary schools and 5 adult learning sites. Major centres include Kingston, which is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in Canada; Picton, which is one of Ontario’s most popular vacation spots, known for its camping, boating, wineries and other outdoor adventures; and Belleville, which has beautiful parks and open spaces, excellent secondary and post-secondary education opportunities and health care facilities. The school board administration office is located in Napanee, which is in close proximity to major centres.
The ALCDSB operates with a budget of about 153 million dollars and has approximately 1400 employees. The vision of the Board is that Catholic schools in ALCDSB inspire and nurture strong communities of faith, engaged communities of learning and compassionate communities of service. The Board is committed to academic excellence and the relentless pursuit of success for each student and staff member, fostered within faith-filled Catholic learning environments. The Board is seeking an experienced leader as Superintendent of Finance and Business Services to join its senior administrative team prior to October 1, 2019.
Reporting to the Director of Education as part of the senior team, the Superintendent of Finance and Business Services is responsible for all aspects of the board’s finances, including accounting, purchasing, payroll, audit, plant operations and transportation services. The Superintendent will also serve as Treasurer of the Board. The Superintendent will set a high standard for the performance of the various departments to help enable and achieve the Board’s vision while ensuring compliance with provincial regulations, standards, practices and legislation.
The ideal candidate will be eligible to obtain, or will possess, a Business Supervisory Officer’s Certificate (pursuant to Reg. 309 of the Education Act), along with a relevant post-secondary degree and professional accounting designation. Candidates with an MBA and relevant experience will also be considered. Details of Regulation 309 can be found at http://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900309. The candidate will bring several years of progressive experience, preferably in a public sector or broader public sector organization. The individual will have a strong understanding of “student success” and will support the goals and objectives of the catholic school system. The candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and management skills. The ability to work effectively with trustees, the other members of senior staff, the general public, partners and Ministry officials is essential.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter, quoting #03-19-20.SO c/o Michelle Lamarche, Superintendent of Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for additional information on the role, or nominations of suitable candidates may also be submitted to the e-mail address above. The deadline for applications is July 26, 2019.